Training & Education
Certified Healthcare Physical Environment Worker Education & Exam Review – April 30, 2019
As a subcontractor or speciality contractor, it is important to understand the complexities of working in a health care environment.
This face-to-face program offers training for subcontractors, speciality contractors and those who are working in the health care environment. Participants will gain knowledge of the unique intricacies of working in a hospital or other health care facility, and can showcase their participation in this program to market their subcontractor or specialty contractor services.
Topics covered in this program include risks to patients during construction; fundamentals of Life Safety and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM); infection prevention; equipment and systems unique to health care facilities; and customer and patient expectations.
- Articulate factors that are unique to the construction and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Implement the precautions required for construction in a health care facility to ensure safe and effective healing environments are maintained during a project.
Participants receive 7 contact hours and .7 CEUs. This class will be held from 8 am – 5 pm at JE Dunn – 1001 Locust, KC MO 64106.
- First 25 current KCAHE members (vendor or healthcare) to sign up – free of charge. Non-members may sign up in this first 25 group for a registration fee of $25. (If you are a hospital employee and not a current KCAHE member, the $25 registration fee will be used to fund your KCAHE membership for the remainder of 2019.
- Any other registrants after that (healthcare or vendor) – $375 per person.
- Class size is limited.
KCAHE – Driving Change and Influencing Others (provided through JCCC) – May 28, 2019
Welcome to the new age of influence, where, to be effective, you must know the techniques that will help you earn people’s commitment to make things happen. In today’s ever-evolving organizations, leaders need to get things done through people who don’t report to them and, in some cases, even outrank them. This course provides the skills and resources leaders need to accelerate the process of implementing change with their team members. Leaders will learn how to turn resistance into commitment, and inspire team members to take ownership of change.
- Accelerate the process of making change happen.
- Minimize the potential negative effects change can have on productivity, morale, and collaboration.
- Turn resistance into commitment and inspire team members to take ownership of change.
- Clearly communicate the business rationale and benefits of change for the team and the organization.
- Capture stakeholders’ attention, gain their commitment, and make things happen.
Please note: At this time, this training is only open to current KCAHE members. Class size is limited.
The course will be held from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm on the JCCCC campus – Regnier Center – RC175.
Participants receive 4 contact hours and .4 CEUs.
Register for this course here.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration at JCCC is required for every attendee. If you have previously participated in training at JCCC, your account and password should work for this course. If you need assistance or have difficulty registering through JCCC, please contact the registration staff at (913) 469-2323.
CHC Exam Review Course – October 2, 2019
Designed to give you the tools for passing the Certified Health Care Constructor (CHC) Exam, this course provides test taking tips, key topics, and sample questions identified in the CHC content outline (as listed in the CHC Candidate Handbook). This course will also use interactive polling technology, allowing each participant to answer questions and compare their answer with averages among those in class.
Please note: The workshop fee does not include the CHC exam fee, nor does it register you for the exam. Participation in this program does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.
Participants receive .7 CEUs and 7 contact hours
- $375 per person registered to attend
The exam review will be held at Shawnee Mission Health 9100 W. 74th St. Merriam, KS 66204 from 8 am – 5 pm. Class size is limited.